Monday, January 16, 2012

Lucky, Blessed, Etc.

"O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it.
"And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam."
2 Nephi 9:20-21

I really think I am the luckiest girl in the whole wide world. Which means God must be a perfect God and a perfect Father. One of my favorite things about my own parents is that they make me feel like I'm their favorite daughter. Their other three daughters are also their favorite daughters and they have five favorite sons. God is like that, times a million. He has such a special interest in each of our lives and knows each of us so well. Life can get hard and downright rotten, but the outpouring of God's love just seems to get greater and greater! God is forgiving. He has the power to heal. Each of His children is His favorite. 


I have been blessed with a lot. I have talents that are perfect for me. I have the best family in the universe. Fer reals. I'm getting an excellent education and am in the best major on all of BYU campus. I have good friends and people who show trust in me, even when I myself know how weak I am. But even in my weakness I am strong! Because every so often I get a glimpse of where I'm going, of who I will be, and it's a beautiful picture. Jesus Christ suffered for me, and I feel to exclaim as Nephi's brother Jacob, did: "O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace!" "Oh how great the goodness of our God!" "O how great the plan of our God!" "O how great the holiness of our God!" 


I am the favorite. 
     I'm the luckiest person I know. 
I am blessed.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Nuh uh. I am!

(Which is part of your point, I think.)

Great post.

EpicThought said...

Sounds like you are basking in some heavenly fortune.