Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to Blogging...

I haven't blogged in over a year, since my 18th birthday. Now's as good a time as ever to start again, I guess! I don't know if anyone even reads my blog, but here goes!

Today's blog is going to be more of a stream of consciousness...Because I don't really have anything in particular to write about, I'll just keep rambling on for a while! Today is my first day back to college after Christmas break, and I'm going on to Semester #2! I really think I'm going to like my schedule this semester. I had Music Theory at 8:00 this morning, and now I'm done for the day! That's how my Fridays are going to be as well, and Wednesdays aren't too bad.

One may ask, "How has Jillian been at BYU a whole semester and she's not engaged yet, let alone gotten a boyfriend?!" The answer is simple: I'm in a Freshman ward! It really is a lot of fun. I love my bishop, and the kids in my ward are just fantastic. It's kind of sad how the world works at BYU; Freshman girls meet all those super-fun guys during their first year, and then all of them leave on their missions so us girls have to start all over again our Sophomore year! It also stinks for the guys 'cause when they get off their missions all the girls they met before are married. But life is good!

My roommates and I decided upon a new theme for our apartment this semester (Last semester it was Hawaiian pictures everywhere)...Disney princesses!! We concluded that, since only one of us six has ever kissed a guy, we're going to make "2010 the year of men!" It rhymes! On our front door into our apartment we have a castle and then underneath a picture of the 6 main Disney princesses with each of our names under them. I'm Sleeping Beauty, Amy is Snow White, Chanel is Jasmine, Sarah is Belle, Jessica's Cinderella, and Amanda is Ariel. When you come in through the front door and into our hallway, we have pictures of each of our princes. My Prince Philip is just dashing! But, yep, it's lots of fun!

With it being a new year, I decided to give in and make some resolutions. Here are a few of them:

  • Go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead at least twice a month
  • Clean my room at least every Saturday night so that it's clean for Sunday
  • Get together with my older brothers (and Jennifer and Danielle) here in Provo at least twice a month (I only saw each of them a couple times last semester, which is pretty sad seeing as we all live within like a mile radius of each other)
  • Be on-time for my 8:00 Music Theory class!
I think this year is going to be fantastic, and a big changing time in my life. (How could it not be fantastic with the theme "2010: The Year of Men"??!) I'm excited to continue on with school and all that good stuff.

Whelp, I'm off to do laundry and other important things! Adios.

4 comments:

Darline Burke said...

I love reading it--that way I know what you are doing. I talked to Elder D today and he said he just got a letter from you today not the postmen are back to work from their week long holiday!

Darline Burke said...

I meant "now" instead of "not". Fingers are cold and don't respond to the brain!

Danielle said...

I love your resolutions! More Jillian time!

Jerry said...

Girls are weird.